Things to Consider When Responding to Government
Things to consider when responding to government:
1. We have the privilege to participate in our government by voting & having a voice and we should.
2. God does not call us to be a republican or a democrat. (we may choose to work with a party but our mandate comes from God)
- parties are man-made and are filled by fallen men and women
- our first allegiance is to God; not a political party
- party platforms change over the years but God’s Word stands forever
3. Those in leadership, including Presidents, are fallen people.
- Daniel worked closely and successfully with those who did not profess His God
- God can use a broken vessel to accomplish His will and to answer the prayers of His people
4. Jesus, when He walked the earth did not become consumed with government affairs.
- Jesus knew He and His mission was the lead story and is today our lead story
5. We are called to pray for change and influence by being salt and light.
- therefore we need to be informed with issues and then we need to participate
6. There has never been a perfect vote.
- we are not voting for perfect people, perfect parties, nor perfect party platforms
7. We are to vote for what we believe is God’s platform on issues, realizing that because we are in a fallen world, it will not translate perfectly nor be clear at times.
- right to life, justice, handling of immigrants, etc
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” (James 1:5)
“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment” (Philippians 1:9)
To Watch the full message from Sunday, Click HERE