Introduction: Oswald Chambers defines leadership as nothing more than influence. If he is correct then we are all leaders. If this is true then who and where are we leading? These questions must be answered before we can lead intentionally.
During Jesus’ earthly ministry He was the greatest example of leading intentionally.
To Lead Intentionally We Must:
Love to Follow (Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 4:1)
Learn to Lead
- Model the Way (Matthew 3:15; Matthew 4:4)
- Inspire with a Shared Vision (Matthew 4:19-20)
- Challenge Others to Grow (Matthew 5-7)
- Encourage the Heart (Matthew 9:1-8)
- Enable Others to Act (Matthew 9:35-38)
Launch to a Destination
- Discern the Direction (Matthew 13:53)
- Discover the Distractions (Matthew 13:54-57a)
- Defeat the Detractors (Matthew 13:57b-58)
Live with Purpose (Matthew 20:17-19)
Application: We are all leading whether we like it or not. How well are you leading? What type of influence are you? Whose life are you inspiring, challenging, and encouraging? Do you lead intentionally or just hope life just works out?