Pour On The Salt...Flip On The Light!
Scripture: Matthew 5:13–5:16
Introduction: As Christians we must be unique in the world. Like salt, we are to permeate our society. Like light, we are to radiate our society. We are to be salt for this world’s corruption and light for this world’s confusion.
How do we make an impact?
→ Be the Salt of the Earth (Matthew 5:13)
- Salt is distinctive (II Corinthians 6:17-18, James 1:27)
- Salt Preserves (I Peter 1:22)
- Salt Penetrates (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Salt Spreads (I Peter 3:15)
- Salt is Unstoppable (Psalm 34:8)
→ Be the Light of the World (Matthew 5:14)
- Light Reveals (John 14:6)
- Light Guides (Ephesians 5:8-9, Psalm 119:105)
- Light strips away Darkness and enlightens (John 12:46)
- Light clears away Chaos (Philippians 2:15)
- Light discerns between Right and Wrong (John 8:12)
Application: Philippians 2:14-16
"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.”