Steps 1 & 2
Scripture: Judges 13:1–14:9
Introduction: The threat against what God desires for your future is not out “There”, it’s Within. This threat that can lead to ruin is Subtle and Easy.
- 3 Realities about Your Future
- Your Future is Determined by Choices
- God works In You if You Choose
- God works Through You if He Chooses
- Samson was a Nazarite (Judges 13:5): Do not Consume Grapes, Do not Touch anything Dead, and Do not Cut your Hair.
A Side by Side Comparison (Judges 13:1-25)
- Both were promised before their birth, had miraculous births, and were seen as saviors of their people.
Birth brought Joy Birth brought Shame
Nazarite: Honored Nazarene: Despised
Always Compromises Never Compromises
Deliverance: Weak became Strong Deliverance: Strong became Weak
Samson Begins Salvation Jesus Completes Salvation
Step 1: Affirm your Misguided Entitlement (Judges 14:1-4)
- It is an Expectation that “the World Owes You”
- It always Belittles your Responsibilities
Step 2: Conceal your Sin (Judges 14:5-9)
- It Creates a Prison that Isolates the Real You from Everyone else- including God (Psalm 32:3-4)
- It Facilitates the Potential for more Sin to Flourish
Solutions to Steps 1 & 2:
- Step 1: Recognize that you were Born “Entitled” to Death & Hell (Ephesians 2:1-5)
- Step 2: Confess- What you Cover, God will Uncover… but what you Uncover, God will Cover. (1 John 1:8-9)