Scripture: Judges 16:1–16:31
Introduction: The threat against what God desires for your future is not out “There”, it’s Within.
- 3 Realities about Your Future: Your Future is Determined by Choices, God works In You if You Choose, and God works Through You if He Chooses
- Samson was a Nazarite (Judges 13:5): Do not Consume Grapes, Do not Touch anything Dead, and Do not Cut your Hair.
Step 1: Affirm your Misguided Entitlement (Judges 14:1-4)
Step 2: Conceal your Sin (Judges 14:5-9)
Step 3: Choose the Wrong Friends (Judges 14:10-20)
Step 4: Indulge in Self-Centered Anger and Self-Serving Revenge (Judges 15:1-20)
Step 5: Follow your Heart: “Do what Feels Right” (Judges 16:1-20)
- The Heart is Corrupt (Mark 7:21-23)
- The Heart is Foolish (Proverbs 28:26)
- The Heart is Deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9)
- The Heart is Prideful (Proverbs 16:5)
Solution to Step 5: Lead your Heart
- Examine your Heart (Matthew 6:21)
- Moments: How do you spend your Time?
- Money: How do you spend your Resources?
- Guard your Heart (Proverbs 4:23)
- The Word of God Secures the Heart (Psalm 119:11)
- Prayer Focuses the Heart (Psalm 19:14)
- Invest Your Heart: Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Philippians 3:7-8)
The Ruin of Samson (Judges 16:20-31)
- “Blind” - Loss of Perception
- “Bind” - Loss of Power
- “Grind” - Loss of Peace
The Redemption of a Savior: Samson is the Selfish, Entitled, and Lawless Deliverer that forcibly executes Revenge and Violence. While, Jesus is the Selfless, Eternal, and Flawless Deliverer that freely dispenses Justice and Mercy. You can Stand in Ruin like Samson or you can Step into Deliverance through Jesus Christ.