Overcome Under God
Scripture: James 4:7–4:12
We are so glad you joined us this morning. Below you will find everything you need to help assist you with information about our Worship Gathering as well as what's going on within our church throughout the week. We would love to hear from you! If you would like to connect with us, click HERE
FAITH THAT WORKS
“Overcome Under God”
Introduction: James calls each of us to have souls that are revived. Revival means to live again. It is the idea that faith was once alive and vibrant and then became lifeless and dull. The emphasis we see in this passage today is victory over temptation. And James is giving a strong formula and how we can overcome.
Submit to God (James 4:7a)
- Submission is yielding to God’s Authority and His Will for my life. It is committing to Him being in control and me being willing to follow Him and trusting Him with the outcome.
Resist The Devil (James 4:7b)
- Asking God and praying, “Deliver me from the evil one.”
- Quoting Scripture, Fasting, & Praying
- Special Sessions of Prayer
- Forgiving Others (II Corinthians 2:10-11)
- Not Giving Place to the Devil
- Putting on the Whole Armor of God
- Repenting and Surrendering to Truth
- Be Born Again (I John 5:18)
Wash Our Hands (James 4:8)
Grieve (James 4:9) (Psalm 51:1-5)
Humble Ourselves Before the Lord (James 4:10)
- Drawing near to GOD and mourning and crying for deliverance.
- It’s Not a self-sufficient spirit, but a spirit that calls upon the Lord.
- It is Not seeing a temptation and yielding to it, but it is surrendering to the obedience of Christ which always takes supernatural power
- Commits to Philippians 4:8 thinking
Application: (James 4:11-12) How should we love our neighbor?
- Open our eyes to the needs around us. (Luke 10:33)
- Open our hearts to compassion (Luke 10:33)
- Open our arms and give practical help (Luke 10:34)
- Open our minds to follow-up (Luke 10:35)
To Give Online: Click HERE
Clubhouse Kids Ministry
Kids Sunday Worship Experience and for At-Home Resources: Click HERE
warehouse247 Student Ministry