October 4, 2020 Pastor: Bryan Glisson Series: Mixed Messages
We are so glad you joined us this morning. Below you will find everything you need to help assist you with information about our Worship Gathering as well as what's going on within our church throughout the week. We would love to hear from you! If you would like to connect with us, click HERE
Sermon Series Introduction: How does a “Follower of Jesus” identify truth in a fallen world of mixed messages? The obvious answer is God’s Word and what the “Follower of Jesus” believes about it. Is it truly God’s Word?
Introduction: The foundational truth in the Christian faith is that there is one God, who has revealed truth and one can know Him. However the modern western culture has rejected God’s truth and has even reversed good and evil resulting in the unraveling of western society. (Isaiah 5:20-21)
4 Men of Great Influence that Shaped American Ideals:
- George Fredrick Hegel
- Ludwig Fuerbach
- Charles Darwin
- Sigmund Freud
Tie These Thoughts Together and You Have:
--no absolute truth—no truth
--no God—no hope
--a godless society—no accountability
--evolution not creation—no purpose
--pleasure not responsibility—no restraint
Recognizing the Truth from the Lie:
- Biblical Truth teaches that God uniquely created the universe and each person in it. (Genesis 1:1)
- Secular Lie teaches that the earth and people are the products of millions of years of evolution
- Biblical Truth teaches that God established absolute standards for people to live by. (Exodus 20:1) (John 14:6) (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Secular Lie teaches that there are no absolutes with truth; people set their own rules.
- Biblical Truth teaches that people are sinful. (Romans 3:23)
- Secular Lie teaches that people are basically Good.
- Biblical Truth teaches that God came to earth in the form of Jesus to reveal His plan and die for the sins of others. (Romans 5:8)
- Secular Lie teaches that Jesus was a good teacher; founder of one of the world’s major religions, but His Word is not superior to any other religious leader.
- Biblical Truth teaches that, through Jesus Christ, there is hope of life after death. (John 11:25)
- Secular Lie teaches that a person cannot know what lies beyond the grave.
Responding to the Lies:
- Be Humble—accept God’s revealed Word as Truth. (1 Corinthians 1:18-21)
- Be Courageous—speak the Truth in love regardless of the response. (2 Timothy 3:13-15) (2 Timothy 4:2-4) (Ephesians 4:14-15)
- Be Diligent—give children a Biblical foundation of Truth. (Deuteronomy 6:5-7)
- Be Confident—God’s Truth will prevail in the end. (Matthew 24:35)
Application: A person can suppress the truth, laugh at the truth, ignore the truth, and exchange the truth of God for a lie, but all will be judged by it.
Bottom Line: If a person believes there is a God who created all, then they know they must be accountable to Him. Therefore the goal is to erase and explain away the concept of a creator.
Conclusion: The greater the chasm between secular lies and Biblical truths the greater the opportunity for persecution; which therein leads to a greater chance of compromising and even conceding to secular lies.
To Give Online: Click HERE
Connect Groups begin again the week of October 18th. A great way to connect with others in our church body. Come join us! You’ll be glad you did!
To learn more or to join a Connect Group: Click HERE
Clubhouse Kids Ministry
To view Clubhouse Resources which include: Worship Experiences (Bible Story), Godtime Cards, and Parent Guides: Click HERE
warehouse247 Student Ministry
Wednesday 5:30-7:45pm. A Worship Gathering just for middle and high school students. Cafe/Games/Worship/Teaching
All-In Marriage "The Table" Video Series: Click HERE
More in Mixed Messages
October 25, 2020Regarding Salvation
October 18, 2020Regarding Marriage
October 11, 2020Regarding Life