Scripture: Hebrews 11:1–11:40
We are so glad you joined us this morning. Below you will find everything you need to help assist you with information about our Worship Gathering as well as what's going on within our church throughout the week. We would love to hear from you! If you would like to connect with us, click HERE
SEEING BEYOND 2020
Introduction: Biblical faith is the corrective lens necessary to see God at work in this fallen world.
What is Faith?
- Seeing—things that are not apparent to the senses or to others (Hebrews 11:1-2, 13)
- Trusting—taking God at His Word (Hebrews 11:3, Hebrews 11:17-19)
- Pleasing—only way to please God is by faith (Hebrews 11:5-6a)
- Believing—from the heart that He is (Hebrews 11:6b, Hebrews 11:31)
- Releasing—God into any situation (Hebrews 11:32-34)
What is faith not?
- Power we tap into
- Button we push to make God act
What hinders faith?
- Operating in the Flesh (Hebrews 11:11; Genesis 16)
“I have been crucified with Christ it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” (Galatians 2:20—Amp Bible)
- Operating in Unbelief (Hebrews 11:11; Genesis 16)
- Operating in Fear (11:24-27; Exodus 3)
Why is faith tested? (Hebrews 11:17-19; Genesis 22)
- To prove whether our faith is real
- To grow our faith
- To bring glory to God
What empowers faith? (Hebrews 11:13-14)
- Discovering what God was up to
- Embracing what God was up to
- Confessing what God was up to
- Acting Upon what God was up to (Romans 4:19-21)
What are the types of faith?
- The Practical Demonstration of Faith (Hebrews 11:1-38; The Book of James)
- The Potential Demonstration of Faith (Hebrews 11:39-40)
How does a person receive faith?
“…if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and have faith in) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes (has faith in, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10—Amp. Bible)
Application: Let’s face it 2020 was difficult for most all of us. But is it possible, that the corrective lens of faith could have made the difficult less obstructive and frustrating and more monumental and celebrative? Faith has a way of allowing us to see clearly beyond the inconveniences and heartaches of this world to the person of Hope—Jesus.
To Give Online: Click HERE
A great way to connect with others in our church body.
To find a group, Click: HERE
Maynard Ledford - Chairman
Ben Fuller - Vice Chairman
John Oriente - Secretary/Treasurer
International Mission Offering
The Month of December
2020 Goal: $10,000
Wednesday December 30:
Sunday December 27:
No Connect Groups
The Church Office will be closed for the New Year Holiday. If you need a pastor during this time, please call the Crisis Line at 704-349-3000.
Clubhouse Kids Ministry
To view Clubhouse Resources which include: Worship Experiences (Bible Story), Godtime Cards, and Parent Guides: Click HERE
warehouse247 Student Ministry
Wednesday 5:30-7:45pm. A Worship Gathering just for middle and high school students. Cafe/Games/Worship/Teaching
Please continue to social distance. Wear a mask as you approach the building. Once you are dismissed, and arrive back at your vehicle you may remove your mask. If you or anyone in your home is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or awaiting COVID-19 test results, please do not come onto our campus.
More in Seeing Beyond 2020
January 31, 2021Blurred Vision
January 24, 2021Myopia (Short-sightedness, Lack of Foresight) - Part 2
January 17, 2021Myopia (Short-sightedness, Lack of Foresight)