Scripture: 1 Kings 19:1–19:18
We are so glad you joined us this morning. Below you will find everything you need to help assist you with information about our Worship Gathering as well as what's going on within our church throughout the week. We would love to hear from you! If you would like to connect with us, click HERE
SEEING BEYOND 2020
1 Kings 19:1-18
Introduction: From the pages of God’s Word, we discover that we are called to not only live a life of faith and courage; but also a life of direction and purpose which in turn will provide us a life of satisfaction and fulfillment. However there are times when we lose focus due to the stressors of life. It is then that our vision becomes blurred with anxiety as seen in the life of the prophet, Elijah.
What Is Anxiety?
- A painful uneasiness due to an impending or perceived fear (1 Kings 19:1-3)
- Mental, emotional, and spiritual strangulation (1 Kings 19:4)
What Are the Effects of Anxiety?
- It siphons our energy and joy, making us irrational rather than enlightened (1 Kings 19:10a)
- It twists our worries around our heart, destroying peace (1 Kings 19:10b)
- It chokes our ability to discern what is true (1 Kings 19:10c)
- It highlights our fears and strangles our faith (1 Kings 19:10d)
How Does Anxiety Manifest Itself In Our Lives?
- We become confused
- We become distracted
- We become overwhelmed
- We become desperate
- We become angered (cynical)
How Does God Deal With Our Anxiety?
- He met his basic needs and sustained him through his difficulty (1 Kings 19:5-9)
- He showed him who was truly in control (1 Kings 19:11-12a)
- He dealt with him tenderly (1 Kings 19:12b-13a)
- He allowed him to express himself (1 Kings 19:13b-14)
- He put him back to work (1 Kings 19:15-16a)
- He put someone in his life (1 Kings 19:16b-17)
- He fact-checked him (reality tested his perceptions) (1 Kings 19:18)
Application: These days require us to live by faith purposely, courageously, and directionally while overcoming the tenets that create anxiety.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being well-adjusted), how well are your dealing with the stressors that lead to your anxiety?
What will it take to move you toward the life God intends for you?
To Give Online: Click HERE
Welcome New Members
A great way to connect with others in our church body.
To find a group, Click: HERE
Clubhouse Kids Ministry
To view Clubhouse Resources which include: Worship Experiences (Bible Story), Godtime Cards, and Parent Guides: Click HERE
warehouse247 Student Ministry
Wednesday 5:30-7:45pm. A Worship Gathering just for middle and high school students. Cafe/Games/Worship/Teaching
Please continue to social distance. Wear a mask as you approach the building. Once you are dismissed, and arrive back at your vehicle you may remove your mask. If you or anyone in your home is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or awaiting COVID-19 test results, please do not come onto our campus.
More in Seeing Beyond 2020
January 24, 2021Myopia (Short-sightedness, Lack of Foresight) - Part 2
January 17, 2021Myopia (Short-sightedness, Lack of Foresight)
January 10, 2021Hyperopia - Difficulty Close-Up