A New Nature
Scripture: Romans 12:9–13
We are so glad you joined us this morning. Below you will find everything you need to help assist you with information about our Worship Gathering as well as what's going on within our church throughout the week. We would love to hear from you! If you would like to connect with us, click HERE
"A New Nature"
Introduction: When we begin to follow Jesus, He gives us a Second and Better Nature that empowers us to love Him wholeheartedly and to love Others sacrificially. His desire is that this Second Nature would become “Second Nature” for us.
Our Second Nature involves…
Loving & Hating
- Loving with Authenticity (Romans 12:9a)
- Hypocrisy and Love are a Paradox: They cannot Co-exist
- Hating what is Evil (Romans 12:9b)
- Evil is the Enemy of Love, not Hate
Embracing & Rejecting
- Embracing Others through Honor (Romans 12:10)
- Respect is justly Earned, but Honor is freely Given
- Rejecting Passivity (Romans 12:11)
- Outward Diligence: Elevating People over Profit
- Inward Passion: Elevating Integrity over Indulgence
- Upward Service: Elevating Spirit-Pleasing over Self-Promoting
Gaining & Giving
- Gaining Perspective (Romans 12:12)
- Be Positive, Be Patient, Be Prayerful
- Giving Generously (Romans 12:13)
- Greed: the Assumption that it’s all for my Consumption
- Generosity: the Conspiracy with Christ against your Old Nature to Re-Allocate your Impermanent Wealth
Application: Has loving people well become “Second Nature” for you? If not, what needs to change? God’s desire and design is to empower you to love Him wholeheartedly and others sacrificially.
To Give Online: Click HERE
Seniors With A Testimony
February 15th—6:00pm—Legacy Suite
Join us for dinner, fellowship, and to hear from two of our international Gardner Webb students about their ministries back home!
I'm A Christian Now Class
Begins: March 6
A 5-week class for kids 1st - 5th grade who have made a profession of faith. We recommend your child complete this class before baptism. Parents are asked to attend the first class with their child.
To register by 3/2, click HERE
Bringing together students from different churches, schools, & cultures to empower them to make a difference in their communities for Christ. Unite will be packed with
worship, teaching, games, & food!
Cost: $25 - includes lunch & dinner March 5 & t-shirt.
To Register, click: HERE
Seniors' Beach Trip
April 11-15—Myrtle Beach
Join us for the Jubilee Conference at the Beach! $250 Cost includes hotel, Conference, and transportation.
February 20—$125 Deposit Due
March 20—$125 Balance Due
For more information or to register, click: HERE
Pleasant City 101
11:00 am - February 27
Connect Hall—Room 1
Connecting people into the life of our church. Come find out who we are; what we are about; and how YOU can be a part of it!
To learn more, click: HERE
Clubhouse Kids Ministry
To view Clubhouse Resources which include: Worship Experiences (Bible Story), Godtime Cards, and Parent Guides: Click HERE
warehouse247 Student Ministry
Wednesday 5:30-7:45pm. A Worship Gathering just for middle and high school students. Cafe/Games/Worship/Teaching