Hyperopia - Difficulty Close-Up
Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:10–4:2
We are so glad you joined us this morning. Below you will find everything you need to help assist you with information about our Worship Gathering as well as what's going on within our church throughout the week. We would love to hear from you! If you would like to connect with us, click HERE
SEEING BEYOND 2020
“Hyperopia (The Close-Up Difficulty)”
2 Timothy 3:10-4:2
Introduction: What is your response to life when you feel everything is closing in on you—when life becomes difficult? Do you feel sorry for yourself and become discouraged or do you face life’s challenges courageously?
Demonstrations of Courage
- Fortitude in Trouble, Suffering, or Adversity (2 Timothy 3:10-12)
- Unyielding in Conviction (2 Timothy 3:13-15)
- Resolute in Truth (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Determination in Confrontation (2 Timothy 4:1-2)
Courage in the Difficult (Endure)
- Embrace God’s Intent in Difficulty (James 1:3-4)
- Nurture your Spiritual Roots during Difficulty (Mark 4:17) (Romans 15:4)
- Direct your Attention to God and not Difficulty (Hebrews 12:2)
- Use your Experiences to help others through Difficulty (1 Corinthians 1:6)
- Rely on God’s Power in Difficulty (Colossians 1:11—NIV)
- Expect God to Bless through Difficulty (James 1:12—NIV)
Application: Seeing and living beyond the difficult requires not only faith but also the ability to respond courageously.
Discuss with others:
What have these days of uncertainty, challenges and difficulty revealed about you? --both emotionally and spiritual
How do you believe God will use the challenges of 2020 in your life?
To Give Online: Click HERE
Saturday - January 30 - 7am-5pm
Pleasant City Church is hosting a FREE Dental Clinic. To volunteer or to apply for an appointment for dental care Click: HERE
A great way to connect with others in our church body.
To find a group, Click: HERE
Pleasant City 101
11am - January 24
Room 1 in the Connect Hall
Connecting people into the life of our church. Come find out who we are, what we are about, and how YOU can be a part of it! For more information, Click: HERE
Clubhouse Kids Ministry
To view Clubhouse Resources which include: Worship Experiences (Bible Story), Godtime Cards, and Parent Guides: Click HERE
warehouse247 Student Ministry
Wednesday 5:30-7:45pm. A Worship Gathering just for middle and high school students. Cafe/Games/Worship/Teaching
Please continue to social distance. Wear a mask as you approach the building. Once you are dismissed, and arrive back at your vehicle you may remove your mask. If you or anyone in your home is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or awaiting COVID-19 test results, please do not come onto our campus.
More in Seeing Beyond 2020
January 31, 2021Blurred Vision
January 24, 2021Myopia (Short-sightedness, Lack of Foresight) - Part 2
January 17, 2021Myopia (Short-sightedness, Lack of Foresight)